Gallery Express contains tables that are used to validate many of the program fields to
ensure that your data is entered is a consistent manner. These tables can be accessed
through Manage->Defaults. This validation guarantees the
reporting tools available within the program will work effectively. It is recommended that
you consider the entries in the tables defined below before using the program, however you
will be able to make entries to many of these tables 'on the fly' by simply typing the new
entry into the validated field on the form you are using. You will then be prompted to
allow Gallery Express to add this new entry to the table when you save the record that is
currently being edited.
- Art Location - used when receiving or
transferring inventory. This can be used to define locations within a gallery, such as
'storage' or 'on display', or for different gallery locations for galleries that are using
a single database over a network
- Art Type (medium) - classifies unique
- City - validates all city address fields (ie. customer, supplier)
- Country - validates all country address fields (shipped with Canada,
- Inventory Category - classifies all regular inventory items (ie cards,
posters, paints). The tax status for these items can be set individually here, and will
override the default taxes defined on the Company Information form.
- Miscellaneous Charge Type - classifies all
non-inventory sales. Gallery Express is shipped with the following charge types -
Shipping, Conservation, Framing and Appraisal. The tax status for these items can be set
individually here, and will override the default taxes defined on the Company
Information form. For example, if your region normally charges two taxes for
inventory goods, but only one tax on shipping, the 'Shipping' charge type can be set up to
charge Tax1, but not Tax 2.
- Payment Method - validates the type of payment
accepted (ie. Cash, Check, VISA, American Express).
- Prefix - validates the salutation used for clients (ie. Mr., Mrs., Ms.)
- Province State - validates all province/state address fields (ships
with all US states and Canadian provinces).
- Shipper - validates the carrier used to ship
goods to clients (ie DHL, Purolator).
- Terms - validates the payment terms for clients, suppliers and artists
(ships with Cash, Net 30, Net 60, Net 90, Layaway, Frozen, On Delivery).
|Back to Top
||© 2001 DevWave Software Inc. All rights reserved.