Producing Painting Estimates
*IMPORTANT Make sure that you have
entered your company defaults before you begin to do an estimate. See Setting Company Defaults
for more information on this topic. Also see Setting Interior Painting Defaults
and or Setting Exterior Painting Defaults
for further information on the default settings applicable to each type of
Begin by opening either the Interior or Exterior Painting Estimating form, from
under the View, File menu or the toolbar
button of the main program.
- Start with the Client Information. Click 'New'
to add a new client or import a client from Outlook or 'Find' to
select a current Estimate Works™ client. (more
- Move to the Work Site tab, type in the
address of the job site (or click Copy Billing Information to copy
from the Client tab), type of project and other comments etc. (more
- Now start by adding information to the first room or area (more info...). First select
the Room/Area description.
- Then add the room's length and width and height (interior) or wall width
and height (exterior). You will now see the total sq. ft..
- Now select the type of work and materials from the Job Items grid. First
select the type, then the description of the item.
- Add any additional comments to the Room or Area Colors/Comment text box.
- When done the first room or area click the New Room or
New Area button
to create another.
- If this is a contract you may want select a payment plan. Use the Payments & Dates
tab (more info...) to select dates and payments from the defaults. You can also select the
start and end date for the contract and even export these to Outlook if
- Now move to the Details
& Totals tab (more info...). Check Estimate Includes to
ensure the text you want to appear on the estimate or contract is included.
- Add any additional Extra fees such as equipment rentals etc. to the
- Check that the Setup/cleanup factor is appropriate and that the correct
tax settings are selected.
- You are ready to write an estimate and contract or other report. Click Save
to save the current estimate record.
- Print the current estimate by clicking Print to open the
Print Document form. Select the proposal template document to be used and
the style you wish to use. Click Print Document to write
the details in the current estimate into the selected document (more info...).
The estimate includes all included charges described on the Details
& Totals tab, any extra charges as well as description of the paint and/or wall coverings.
Additional fields such as payments, included and excluded items etc. can be
added or removed from the proposal documents as needed.
- The New button will completely clear the screen of manually
inputted data to allow you to begin a new estimate.
- The Open button will display a list of all
previous estimates so they can be selected and re-opened. This list can be
sorted by client or date by clicking on the headers of the list.
- The Delete button will completely remove the
current estimate from the database.
The Cost Multiplier field on the Payments & Dates
tab is a multiplier used to adjust the final
total of the estimate. The
Cost Multiplier designates a percentage cost. By increasing this value to
110% your have now added 10 % to the total fee structure by decreasing the value to
95 % you are giving a 5% discount.
Setting Company Defaults
Setting Interior Painting Defaults
Setting Exterior Painting Defaults
|Back to Top
||© 2007 DevWave Software Inc. All rights reserved.